Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dat dough doe.

As I was stiring in a little more flour to the thickening dough, my sister looked at me and said "Dat dough doe." in her attempt to be ghetto. This was my first time making homemade pizza dough.


One thing about me is, I don't cheat. I would rather use a pastry cutter or a fork to mix than a stand mixer. My mom thinks I'm crazy, I just think you can perfect and make it that much better if you use your hands instead of a machine.I didn't get the recipe from Pinterest like the blog said. Sorry guys. But I'll put the link.
The recipe is simple, I did use the flat beer to replace some of the water, it added extra flavor but next time I'm going to try it without the beer and compare the two.


Back to the cooking. I. Love. Dough. One of my favorite things to do is to mix by hand and to knead the dough. This dough takes a little time to get just right to knead because you have to add a little flour, mix, flour, mix, flour, mix etc until it is the right consistency. One thing about this dough, it's great to knead. You don't have to knead it a lot to get it just right. Another thing that is great about this recipe is that the dough makes two good size pizzas. I was impressed because most recipes that say that aren't really able to make two.

One of my pizzas was spinach and mushroom with mozzarella and feta. It was my favorite.
The second was split down the middle, one half Canadian bacon with pineapple, the other half pepperoni and salami. My second favorite. All of these ingredients were a little more expensive than normal. I'm TOTALLY against bagged/pre-shredded cheeses. So I spent some extra dollars on some good cheese. I also hate those little pepperonis. EW. So I bought the more expensive better quality meats for these pizzas. I probably spent an extra $10-$15 but it was worth it. Every piece of pizza was gone within an hour. Delicious.

While I was cooking I listened to The Black Keys album Brothers on shuffle. It's a must buy.

Link: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,161,146191-252199,00.html

p.s. I really like this website. 








No comments:

Post a Comment